Saturday, May 24, 2008

summer, hookah, & moe

Summer is finally here. Sure, it's only 60º and rainy in So Cal, but despite the clouds, there is a great feeling of relief in the air! School is out for Rosemead, which means I have my husband back for a few months. The first year has come and gone. Only four more to go! It's only been a few days, so i've found that Dusty still doesn't quite know what to do with himself. My advice was for him to clean the apartment, so instead he went out and bought a hookah and a moped... Not quite what I was going for, but i must admit, they are both pretty fun purchases. We named our moped Moe 'Scoot Scoot' Plattner. We haven't decided if it's a girl or boy, so Moe seemed like it would work for either (remember Moe from the Nickelodeon show "Guts"?). Now we're on our way to IKEA. Since Dusty's in a buying mood, let's see what I can get out of it... :) Although somehow he qualifies all his purchases as "functional" and needed, while everything I want is overpriced and unnecessary. How a hookah is functional, you got me!

No comments: